It was born to bring a sense of adventure and riding pleasure into your every day, on every outing. Whether you are running errands in town, heading out to enjoy an exhilarating ride through some winding mountain roads, or taking a long trip to camp out and explore some natural scenery. Whatever your purpose, the all-round capabilities of the V-STROM 800DE are engineered to faithfully respond and deliver a satisfying ride.
- Slim, compact and powerful, the Suzuki's new 776cm3 parallel twin DOHC engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and pleasant free-revving performance across the high end.
- The engine's 270-degree crankshaft layout delivers a pleasant feeling and note reminiscent of Suzuki's V-twin engines, while Suzuki Cross Balancer contributes to smooth operation and a compact, lightweight engine design.
- Longer front suspension stroke (220mm) and longer rear suspension travel (220mm), together with 21-inch wire-spoked rims, realize higher ground clearance (220mm) and provide enhanced rideability on unpaved surfaces.
- With a capacity of 20L, the fuel tank extends your riding range to provide greater reassurance when touring for long distances.
- Adopts the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) with Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), the Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, and Suzuki Traction Control System with G (Gravel) mode and Rear ABS Cancel mode settings suited for riding on unpaved surfaces.
- A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel features a clearly legible display with a rich variety of information.
- While staying true to its V-STROM heritage and the Suzuki design ethos of creating unique styling expressions, the V-STROM 800DE offers the appeal of a thoroughly modern new look.
- Suzuki's new parallel twin 776cm3 DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder engine combines smooth, controllable power from low rpm with the pleasant feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end. It is torquey and powerful, but also easy to control, with smooth throttle response and an inviting nature that provides a satisfying riding experience, whether enjoying a solo run or carrying a passenger.
- It is a slim powerplant with compact front-rear dimensions that help achieve the most effective chassis geometry for performance gains.
- Its 270-degree crankshaft design delivers a smooth ride, plenty of torque, positive traction, and a pleasing rumble and engine note similar to that of a V-twin engine.
- It also introduces the Suzuki Cross Balancer. The first biaxial primary balancer on a production motorcycle to position its two balancers at 90° to the crankshaft*, this patented** mechanism suppresses vibration to contribute to smooth operation, while its design also helps realize a lighter powerplant that is more compact from front to rear.
* Based on Suzuki research as of November 2022.
** Patent granted for biaxial primary balancer that positions its two balancers at 90° to the crankshaft.
- Cooling system inlet control helps maintain consistent engine temperature and eliminate rough idle while warming the engine in cold weather.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and contributes to smoother shifting.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system features a dual-stage catalytic converter inside the collector that helps satisfy Euro 5 emissions standards, as well as a long, upswept muffler design.
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System(S.I.R.S.) Features
- The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) featured on the V-STROM 800DE assist and help you optimize performance characteristics to match your changing riding needs and preferences. By making the V-STROM 800DE feel more controllable, predictable, and less tiring to operate, these systems help you ride with greater peace of mind.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) lets you freely choose among three different power output characteristic modes to best match varying riding conditions or your preferences. While all three ultimately deliver maximum engine output, finer control over response and torque characteristics as you open the throttle to accelerate empowers you to ride with greater confidence and pleasure.
Mode A (Active)
- Delivers the sharpest throttle response as you open the throttle. Torque characteristics are finely tuned to deliver exciting acceleration as the throttle is opened.
Mode B (Basic)
- Features softer throttle response and a more linear power delivery curve as you open the throttle. Settings are tuned to help make the bike more controllable and a good fit for everyday riding.
Mode C (Comfort)
- Offers yet softer throttle response and more gentle torque characteristics. This mode is useful when riding on wet or slippery surfaces.
- Designed to help prevent the rear wheel from slipping, the Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)* reduces stress and fatigue while instilling greater conﬁdence in controlling your ride. You can select from a total of four modes, including G (Gravel) mode, to control how quickly the system takes effect and how proactive it is in limiting wheel spin, or you can opt to run with it turned off.
- In addition to the three on-road traction control modes (+ OFF), the V-STROM 800DE features G (Gravel) mode**, a setting that retards ignition timing and allows a limited amount of tire slip when riding on unpaved surfaces. As a result, the bike remains controllable and you still get the consistent power output you want to explore unpaved roads and country trails with greater confidence.
- The two-mode Antilock Brake System (ABS)*** contributes to more stable braking by helping prevent the wheels from locking up, even under hard braking. Mode 1 provides minimal intervention, so is well suited to riding on gravel roads. Mode 2 is ideal for city riding and regular road conditions.
- Use Rear ABS Cancel Mode to switch off the Rear ABS and control braking in the manner you prefer on gravel or other unpaved surfaces.
- Suzuki's Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle system leverages the onboard ECM to optimize engine output characteristics to match throttle grip action, particularly when first opening the throttle. This improves controllability and provides faithful response, especially when riding on gravel roads.
- The Bi-directional Quick Shift System lets you shift up or down while in motion without operating the clutch lever. When activated, this standard-equipment system delivers clean upshifts with smooth acceleration, as well as quick and sure downshifts. The gear shift linkage system load rate is optimized to provide a solid, satisfying click with each shift that assures you the gearbox has responded immediately to your action.
- By helping prevent engine speed from dropping excessively when you pull away from a standing start or ride at low speeds, Low RPM Assist delivers smoother starts and inspires greater confidence when you are riding in stop-and-go traffic, or doing U-turns.
- Suzuki Easy Start System lets you start the engine with just one quick press of a button. As a function used on every outing, it makes your riding experience all the more pleasurable and convenient.
* The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
** Because G mode allows a certain amount of rear tire slip, it is not suitable for use on paved surfaces.
*** ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. Please always ride at a safe speed for road and weather conditions, including while cornering.
- Every aspect of the chassis is designed to promote great handling and control in a wide range of real-world riding conditions, and to place priority on comfort and minimizing fatigue on long rides, even when carrying a passenger and loaded with gear.
- The highly rigid new steel frame for the V-STROM 800DE was engineered to provide all the strength needed for negotiating rougher trails, to provide excellent straight-line stability, to contribute to nimble handling, and to perform well at highway speeds when touring for long distances.
- The seat rails are engineered to withstand the rigors of riding on unpaved surfaces and feature a narrow profile that helps you better control the bike with your legs.
- The dedicated chassis geometry features a long wheelbase, long rake, tall ground clearance and a wide handlebar grip. It is engineered to provide maximum stability and controllability when riding on unpaved surfaces, and to offer a riding position that effectively distributes weight to the front and rear. This enables you to more easily shift your weight and control the bike when traversing trails and other unpaved surfaces, or when negotiating tight corners at speed. It also enhances handling stability when carrying a passenger and with the top and side cases mounted on your V-STROM 800DE.
- To provide sure stopping power and controllable braking performance, Suzuki chose front brake calipers that best match for the V-STROM 800DE's fork pitch and wire-spoked tires mated with 310mm outer diameter ﬂoating-mount dual discs. The rear brake has a 260mm outer diameter disc and uses a single-piston pin-slide caliper.
- Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) inverted front forks deliver a smooth, controllable ride and feature stable damping characteristics that make them suitable for adventure touring. Spring preload and compression/rebound damping can be adjusted to best match your preference or the usage conditions.
- The Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) mono-shock rear suspension with a piggyback remote gas reservoir contributes to agility and stability. Spring preload can be adjusted by simply turning the dial by hand, which is particularly beneficial when preparing to ride tandem or carry a load.
- The custom-tuned spring rate, valve, and piston settings for both the front and rear suspension maximize performance and comfort when riding on all surfaces, paved or gravel. The suspension's long 220mm front fork stroke and 220mm of rear wheel travel realizes the longest amount of travel ever available on a member of the V-STROM family, and contributes to realizing the tallest ground clearance (220mm) of any V-STROM model to date.
- The V-STROM 800DE rides on wire-spoked wheels and adopts a 21-inch aluminum front rim for greater stability and better control when tearing up gravel roads.
- Dunlop TRAILMAX MIXTOUR adventure tires featuring a new semi-block pattern and custom-engineered internal structure provide solid traction on unpaved surfaces while reducing pattern noise on paved roads. Wider, deeper grooves achieve the optimal balance between on-road handling and longevity, and positive grip and nimble handling when exploring gravel roads and trails.
- The V-STROM 800DE adopts a tough-looking, lightweight aluminum swingarm with a unique shape that enhances vertical, lateral, and torsional rigidity to support straight-line stability in keeping with the model's chassis geometry and long suspension travel.
- Wide tapered handlebars made from a strong yet flexible aluminum absorb shock when riding on unpaved surfaces. Not only does this provide greater comfort, but the wide grip and positioning also provide positive control, particularly when standing on the pegs to run through rough surfaces.
- The solid-mount seat is designed for comfort on long touring runs and to stand up well to input when exploring unpaved roads and trails. At the same time, it allows you freedom of movement and affords your passenger plenty of space, even when the optional top and side cases are mounted.
- Wide rubber-covered steel footpegs offer greater stability when standing on them and feature a textured surface that prevents your boots from slipping.
- Solid grab bars on each side provide your passenger with a firm grip and add an attractive, tough-looking design accent. These extend from the integrated rear carrier*, which is handy for carrying extra gear or mounting one of the top cases available as genuine accessories.
- The small windscreen with 3-step height adjustment is designed to maximize visibility when adventuring down country trails and on gravel roads.
- The V-STROM 800DE adopts a unique three-piece front fender construction, which employs a pair of vertical skirt sections flanking the front fender. This structure forms a stronger, more rigid mount to the forks that is better capable of withstanding a pounding on gravel roads and other unpaved surfaces.
- Knuckle covers help protect your hands from the elements, including rain, wind and cold, as well as objects such as flying stones.
- The V-STROM 800DE is fitted with a radiator guard designed to protect against flying stones and other objects when riding on trails.
- A plastic under cover protects the engine and complements the model's tough image.
* Maximum load capacity: 10kg
- The vertically stacked pair of distinctive hexagonal LED headlights provide a clear view of the road ahead. The vertical orientation of the thin, compact headlight assembly topped by an LED position light creates a sharp look with unique character that makes the front end look light and ready for action.
- LED turn signals and an LED tail light ensure clear visibility and practical durability.
- The custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel features clearly legible displays that keep you fully aware of all the bike's systems and settings in real time, and now adds a function that lets you display large pop-up alerts and warnings. Manual or automatic switching between day and night display modes lets you maximize visibility at any hour and in any riding situation.
- A USB port* is built into the left side of the meter cluster. It can provide up to 5V output and 2A maximum current.
- The ergonomic handlebar switch layout maximizes operating ease and efficiency so you can intuitively access all controls while focusing on the road ahead. Select modes and make settings and adjustments for each S.I.R.S. control system by simply operating the MODE and UP/DOWN switches on the left handlebar.
* Using the USB port while the engine is idling or stopped may drain the battery. Be aware of battery drain when using the USB port.
* Do not use when washing the motorcycle or when it is raining.
* Attach the cap when USB outlet is not in use.
Suzuki Genuine Accessories
Genuine Suzuki Accessories represent a fun and practical way to customize and personalize your V-STROM 800DE while enhancing comfort, utility, and protection. As with the V-STROM 650 and V-STROM 1050/1050DE, the lineup includes a wide variety of top and side cases from which to choose.
This optional high screen is designed to offer a significantly higher level of wind protection that enhances comfort on long rides. (80mm taller than the standard screen).
Heats the entire surface of the grips and offers three different level settings to keep hands warm when riding in cold weather.
Aluminum Top Case (38L)
Aluminium top case embossed with SUZUKI logo. Available in Silver (anodized) and Black (powder coated). Maximum load 3kg and case capacity 38L. Please use this item in the speed less than 130km/h.
Plastic Top Case (35L)
Gives a typical V-STROM look with a plastic 35L top case, with one-key system using the ignition key for locking/unlocking.
Maximum load : 5kg and case capacity 35L. Please use this item in the speed less than 130km/h.
Plastic Top Case (56L)
Large plastic top case with embossed S logo. Lock and key included. (Cannot be used with side case set)
Maximum load 5kg and case capacity 56L. Please use this item in the speed less than 130km/h.
Aluminum Side Case Set (37L each)
Aluminium side case set embossed with SUZUKI logo. Available in Silver (anodized) and Black (powder coated). Maximum load 3kg and case capacity 37L each. Please use this item in the speed less than 130km/h.
Plastic Side Case Set
Uses one-key system with the ignition key for locking/unlocking.
Maximum load 5kg each and case capacity 26L (right) and 29L (left). In combination with bracket and lock set. Please use this item in the speed less than 130km/h.
LED Fog Lamp
Long time seller with V-STROM, bright LED fog lamps are firmly attached to the accessory bar. Improves visibility and enhances the appearance. Set of right and left lamp.
For those who want lower seat, this low seat provides 20 mm lower seat height than the standard seat.
Brake Pedal Height Adjuster
Suzuki's original designed item, easy to change brake pedal height, 10 mm higher compared to original equipment. Provides easiness to riders on various road conditions.
Brings your bike stable standing position for maintenance activities.